Friday, January 15, 2010

We're Just Not That Into You...

Well I know it’s been a while. I have had several transitions in my life since I started this blog about a year ago and I never made a point to adjust making time for this thing. Maybe this will be a start to a renewed dedication to the blog...maybe not. I am not going to try to update the last few months of my life, let’s just pick up from here.

It’s a new year, 2010, we’re only 52 years away from catching up to the Jetson’s! I didn’t make a new year’s resolution, but I have recommitted myself to getting/staying in shape, blah, blah, blah. I was doing pretty well there for a while but I took a major hiatus from Thanksgiving until yesterday. But, I’m back. Worked out last night and it felt great, looking forward to it again tonight. I want to turn 30 and be comfortable in a bikini again. Vain yes, do I care, not at all!

I am also drudging up my very short lived resolution from 2008, to take matters of the heart with the opposite sex a wee bit more seriously. It is not really a New Year’s Resolution, more just something I have slowly been warming up to and the timing conveniently and coincidentally coincides with the new year. **TMI Warning** This was all spurred last fall when I had a panic attack about my eggs drying up, I called my sister at nursing school, she calmed me down by way of a biology lesson, but it has been haunting me a bit. And, apparently getting what I want from these eggs is a whole lot easier, in many aspects, if I meet a nice fellow to share the experience with. I am of course interested in the companionship side of it all as well, I am just speaking of the babies because that is what most recently put me into a panic.

I did date more in 2009 than 2008, in ‘08 I was recovering from an LTR (long term relationship, mom) that involved a complex triangle of living in Colorado, but us each having our own lives lingering in our hometowns of Houston and New Orleans. There was also a dog and a shared dwelling in the mix. Anyways, back to 2009 dating, I kept most of it off the blog because I wasn’t, and am still not, quite sure who reads this. But, towards the end of the year my friend Christina and I got into a convo about all these funny encounters we had recently had with guys and conversations we overheard ourselves having. We decided to start a little “101 Reasons’ We Just Weren’t Into You” list. We don’t have a full list yet, but we’re well on our way. We take a bit of blame for the irrational reasoning for some of them. I thought I’d share a few of my favorite, Reasons We Just Weren’t That Into You…

1. Your personal voicemail was too loud. No need to scream at people because YOU’RE UNAVAILABLE!

2. I am all about ambition and drive in a man, but do you really need your face on the side of a bus to let people know you’re a big shot? Insurance agents are just not for me.

4. You’re a cute guy, Dan Smith, but you’ve got to be a little more exciting with a name like that.

5. Christina: How did it go?
Kori: His dog had no personality
Christina: Oh so now not only the guy has to be great, but his dog has to be charismatic too?!

6. I can handle an S-e-a-n, but I just can’t stand the S-h-a-w-n spelling.

9. You used three different emoticons in one text message.

12. You IM me within 2 minutes of me signing online…Every. Time.

13. One word: Waterbed

17. Your mother facebooked me.

18. Your mother facebooked me and used the word ‘grandchildren’ within the first two sentences.

20. Multiple cuss words in a text messages is unattractive, despite the bourbon I was drinking when we met, I am still a lady!

23. You’re divorced? Oh, so separated? Well do you live in the same house? These are not gray area questions. If you can not clearly answer these you are married my friend!

24. American Eagle, Abercrombie, Hollister and Aeropostal are targeted at persons aged 17 and younger. If you are wearing such logo emblazed attire I will assume you are illegal and keep looking.

25. Thank you for walking me to the door, but you need to leave now. Lingering on my front door step for an hour and a half after I have gone inside is not romantic and actually led to my roommate asking if you were on any special medications or if we should just go ahead and call the cops.

29. You wanted me to be Ann Coulter and accused me of being not ‘Republican’ enough for you!?

30. You wore Versace on our first date, my top was from the Gap. It was so symbolic for the rest of the date.


Our list is at #35 right now, but there is little something on the horizon that may accelerate the growth of this list. More on that soon….

6 comments:

Amanda Hopper said...

I was so happy to open my google reader and see a blog entry from you. As always, this entry is hi-la-ri-ous! Love you and Christina's list! LOVE!

Miss you!

Audra said...

Could you add "Really your face stinks?" to that list? Haha.

adp said...

Yay, I am glad you are back! Your eggs will be fine.

Anonymous said...

Hope you don't mind me posting this here, but I thought you'd get a kick out of it.


Background: Sara lives 2 hours away in Montrose Co. We had been kind of half-assed dating.

Some dude calls me at 2am New years Eve, states he slept with Sara that morning in Montrose before she came to Durango for the festivities...goes on & on about their relationship.

(Sara lives 2 hours away in Montrose Co. We had been kind half-assed dating)

Me: So who just called me?
Sara: Well, that's my ex boyfriend
Me: Uh - uh
S: He...uh...is a little bit of a problem. See, I kind of got him in trouble.
Me: How so?
S: Well I called the police on him...
M: Why?
S: He assaulted my friend (guys name) that was visiting from Denver, in the process he hit me.
M:
S: But I have a restraining order against him now.
M: How did he get my number?
S: Well, he uh, has been staying at my house...he doesn't have anywhere else to go.
M: So you have an ex boyfriend, whom you have a restraining order against, staying in your spare bedroom?
S: Well, he has court soon and will be going to jail...he really doesn't have anywhere else to go. See there's another girl with a restraining order against him, and he's broken the conditions of the restraining order a few times. Well, like three times, he's not suppose to drink, but goes to bars anyway...then the cops pick him up.
M:Hmm
S: I realize this all sounds a little crazy, but that part of my life is coming to end.

Needless to say that wasn't the only part of her life that was coming to an end.

Kelsey

Byman said...

This was just as funny as you described. Kelsey, funny story too.

Eva said...

No kidding, you guys are hilarious. Keep us updated