Tuesday, August 4, 2009

I Was RUNNIN'

Lame title, I know. Did you know to read it in Forrest Gump-speak?

Well I started running and it has been suggested more than once that I use the blog as a form of accountability. So let's hope this doesn't lead to me telling guilt based big fat lies about my athletic endeavors!

Anywho I am doing the Couch to 5K (C25K) program. I have done it before and it worked well but I got a little distracted after a month. When you read the program you think, "90 second intervals, big woop." Well it is a big woop for me!!! This time around I skipped week one and I feel good so far, so I think that was an ok call on my part. It is a 9 week program with 3 workouts a week. It says not to do them on consecutive days, but since I'm off work I am using this week as a little kick start and my body is just going to have to deal!

I figure there are 2 ways to measure this, I have either completed 5/27 workouts OR 2/24 workouts. I know I technically have not done 5 workouts, but I feel like it wouldn't be completely unfair to still get credit for being able to bypass week 1, right?? I mean if it makes me feel better and keeps me motivated, what's the harm? So, I have completed both 18.5% of the program AND 12.5% of the program....but NOT 31% of the program. You follow?

Maybe I should wait till my brain comes down from the workout to rationalize all of this! Oh, and I have zero plans to run a 5K, I just want to weigh 1xx pounds and/or wear a size y.

3 comments:

adp said...

you lost me! go for it!

Unknown said...

I thought the title was a reference to Forrest immediately, so I was glad to receive the confirmation in your first sentance.

Congrats on the running! Intervals are hard -- I can't do them! Good luck!

Glamma Pat said...

IMHO, you are being too hard on yourself. No matter what you say or do, you are always manipulating, so always do so to your advantage. Love, Glamma Pat