Friday, March 27, 2009

I Guess This Makes Taffy A New Millennium Mom?

When I was about 15 years old I came home with a second hole pierced in my left ear . Once my mom noticed, she told me I looked like I belonged in an African tribe and, for at least two weeks, proceeded to give me looks of utter shame every time I entered the same room as her.

Last week my youngest sis, Kassidy, celebrated her 15th b-day on St. Patrick's day. She had a hair appointment that afternoon and unbeknownst to her, or myself, our mother had set up a little b-day surprise. Kass has talked about coloring her hair for a while. So she was excited and confused when McKenzie, our lovely hair lady, rolled out a coloring tray with a huge Happy Birthday balloon and told Kass, "You get to pick the color!"

Here is the result.



Umm, I know it's been about 13 years but seriously isn't that a lot of progress from the same woman that shunned me for a pin point hole in one ear? As 15 year old Kori would say, WHATeveeeerrrrr!

*Doesn't she look a little stoned? Are her eyes dilated, a little red. Doesn't she look a little too giggly??? I know the smiley face shirt that says "World Peace" makes her a little less hard core, but I'm just sayin'.

No comments: