Thursday, March 5, 2009

Four More Pounds and Misc.

I have been procrastinating on this post because in my head the next post was going to be my end of the month weight loss progress. And that is still what this post is, I was just trying to edge out a little extra time for the results.

So in Feb I lost 4 lbs, which I’m ok with because I changed my routine quite a bit. In January I had kind of holed up and really focused on getting the whole thing going which did result in a bigger drop, but I couldn't live like that forever! In Feb I added adult bevs back into my routine, I worked out on more of a set schedule and I didn’t eat the same things over and over. So for that to balance out to 4 lbs is fine by me. Plus I mean Feb is SUCH a short month. That means my total is 12 lbs, which averages 6 per month which I am totally good with. This also leaves me 6lbs from my goal. Which is exciting!

The downside is that this is generally where my 20 year old metabolism resurrects itself and tells me I can get rid of it in 2 weeks so it’s ok to cheat a little until right before that wedding at the end of the month. So I am doing my best to look at it through the eyes of my 28 yr old metabolism and say Look how close you are, you go girl, stick to it! Totally not as fun. Also, when I do hit this goal that is seemingly so close, there is of course a follow up goal. But, there is not a follow up to the follow up, you follow?

Other than that the last week or so has been fairly low key. Oh, except for a couple of interviews, a night out and almost getting laid off. The run down on those events are:

Interviews: I forgot to mention in my last post that I had an interview that Friday, it was all very last minute and in the end was a bust because yesterday I got an email that they filled the position. It is def for the better, bc while I didn’t have any major drawbacks to the position, I also didn’t have any major pluses about the position either. It was just..a job.

I have also had 2 phone interviews this week with a new opportunity and tomorrow morning will go in for a face to face interview. If I pass that round there will be yet another interview and then a decision made. So there will be nothing major on that front for at least another week. As with a first date, there is no point in giving details on the jobs unless something comes of them.

Night Out: Last weekend was pretty nice because I didn’t have any mandatory major events to attend, host, dodge, etc. I usually have grand plans for weekends like that. Doing all kinds of things for myself, but then they all turn out the same. I go out Friday night and I’m a little too excited about the 48 hours of nothing, I have a little too much “garlic” and I’m down for the count the rest of the weekend.

So this weekend was no different. Friday I has sushi at Blue Fish with a couple of peeps, drinks at Zimm’s and then ended the night at, where else, Kay’s. Saturday I had a hangover lunch with a friend, and that night I watched Nick & Norah’s Infinate Playlist with my mom and Glamma Pat (formerly known as Granni Pat). Sunday I don’t remember, must have just hung out doing nothing telling myself not to get so rowdy the first night of an open ended weekend.

Almost getting laid off: Well, I thought Friday, 2/27 was my last day, then around 2pm I was told that they had worked some things out to keep me around. And, well that's really it on that story.

I have yet another weekend on the horizon and I am looking forward to it. Tonight (I think) I am meeting up with a friend that just moved to Houston. Tomorrow night the plan is to keep it low key, but I depending on how the interview goes I may need to go out. Well, really either way it goes it will be a solid argument to go out. See how quickly low key gets thrown out the window?? Saturday night I am celebrating my friend's bday. There are 4 of us all trying to organize it and we can’t get it together. Last I heard it was El Pueblito and Karaoke, but that is the 4th version of plans, there is easily time for 2 more revisions to be made by Saturday. Sunday, well Sunday I don't know. I just checked the weather and it may be rainy, which is ok, actually it's good. I know that Sunday patio sitting weather is coming and this will hold that off one more week. Not, that I don’t like the patio sitting, it’s just that every Coors Light is 2 points and that is not easy for my new mature metabolism!

3 comments:

Amanda Hopper said...

Way to go on your weight loss! That is awesome Kori! I wish I was as motivated as you are. I at least need to workout. I did take the stairs the day after I talked to you, but only that day! LOL! Miss ya!

Anonymous said...

"Garlic" = booze???

Kelsey

Raye said...

Pat on the back for 4 more lbs! Is there a new swimsuit in your future?

Cool that you didn't get laid off.

Yeah, those garlic shots can wreak havoc on your weekend.

Raye