Friday, March 27, 2009

Bouquet Toss Update

Since my blog did kick off on this subject, I thought I'd give an update. Here are pics from The Toss at Ashley's wedding. As you may remember from this post, I was drunk off cajun seafood and who knows what else.

I don't know how large or clear this pic will post, but in the pre-toss I am up front staying warm with a black wrap and bourbon and diet. The other girls look ready and I am pretty sure wandered to the front of the crowd because I felt like that was the bridesmaidly thing to do.





Now, I need to preface this action shot and let you readers know what I already knew at the time, THE TOSS WAS THROWN! Obviously it was literally thrown, but also Ashley had promised to bouquet to a damsel that believed this might be that little push she needs to get a ring and have a wedding in time for 2009 tax breaks. I knew I didn't have much to reach for so it looks like I did my best "Oh, it's not coming this way, but where is it gonna go, darn it I wish it had come this way, not really, that was a lie!" Clearly I also took an unconscious reflex step back as I seem to disappear into the crowd and the girl that was behind me is now in clear view.


So there is that. I went to another wedding last weekend and there was no bouquet toss, that or I missed it as the bars were set up in the foyer to the main room.

But, don't you worry I have another wedding this Sunday night. Yes, third wedding of 2009 and it's not even April. What's even more strange is that all three of my 2009 weddings have been Christian/Jewish unions! AND, the only half-official date I've been on this year was with a nice young Jewish boy. What is God, or should I say G-d trying to tell me here?!?

No comments: