Wednesday, February 4, 2009

I lost 8 pounds and 13 inches!!

Well, those measurements aren't as related as I make them seem, but it's all still true!

I've been strictly following Weight Watchers Points since January 3rd and it has been surprisingly easy. I've never been on a true diet before so I had my reservations. Prior to WW I would just take the temporary eating disorder route. You know, spend a few weeks eating very little and working out alot and melt away the lbs. Oh, to have the metabolism of a 20 yr old again! Anywho, these 8lbs are exciting to me and only leave me about 10 more to go. But no promises to post a bikini pic here like this crazy lady!

As for the 13 inches, I lost those inches up top, er well around back then up top. I chopped my hair! Finally! It all started waaaaay back in March 2006. I was sitting alone and unemployed at The Ranch in Durango, CO while my brother tended the bar. I didn't have much to do or think about and was pretty much just sitting there absorbing the new, much more casual environment I had put myself into. This developed into an internal dialogue ultimately deciding that this more low key world would be ideal for me to grow my hair out in and then donate to Locks of Love. Ponytails and wash and wear hair was the norm and mine was already the longest it had been since I was about 10. So, it grew out the required 10 inch minimum by the end of 2006. Ready to cut. Done, move one, maybe grow it out again to help someone else, right? Wrong. I kept it. I kept the long hair for another 12 months, through then end of 2007. Then, ANOTHER 12 months. Through the end of 2008. Seriously, how selfish could one girl be? I grew my hair out for a good cause. Then I kept it being selfish for almost three years liking it because I could curl it, or straighten it, or pull it back, or wear it down. All while little sick kids were going without. Terrible, terrible, terrible.

Over the last few months the guilt hassle of all of this hair started to get to me. I decided it was time for me to follow through with my original plan so I set an appointment a couple of weeks ago. I literally got hot and had my heart beating fast when I called to schedule the appointment. They had a Tues or Thurs appt and I actually considered the Thurs just so I could have it for a few more days, terrible. But, finally decided on the Tues to make it more of a quick process, you know rip the band aid off. What was my big attachment? Why was I freaking out about this. I really didn't even like my long hair in pictures. I've learned from the Duggar's that a woman's hair is her glory. That must have been it.

Anyways, that Tuesday appointment was last night. The deed is done. The final measurement was 13" of glory. I was going to take a pic of the ponytail next to the ruler, but it really is kinda gross and creepy to look at. This whole post is pretty anti-climatic because I don't have a new 'do pic to post. I'll post one tomorrow because I want to wait until it's styled by me so everyone can have realistic expectations of what it will actually look like day to day.

I swear a NOLA recap is coming but it really has taken me a couple of days to recover and process.

4 comments:

adp said...

Thanks for calling me out! I will watch for traffic spikes near June 2nd to see if people really want to see a hefty girl in a bikini! Pics of the new do?

Amanda Hopper said...

Awww....I never knew you were doing that! How awesome! Can't wait to see your new 'do'!

Raye said...

Yaaaaayyyy! Congrats on the lbs. and inches. Come on over and do Wii Fit with me sometime. The good news/bad news is that WW is (reportedly) not a diet - it's more of a lifetime eating plan. Bleah - at least it's pretty do-able. So...I wonder what the medical term is for a bouguet-catching phobia. Maybe we should come up with one...how about "bridalfloraphobia?"

Anonymous said...

Weigh to go! HARHARHAR!! See what I did there? Congrats on the eight pounds though. That's hard to do. I'm going the starving myself/no booze route, myself. It's...great. I'm not grumpy at all. On an unrelated note, I punched a kitten this morning.

Robert