Tuesday, February 17, 2009

4 Weddings And A Funeral (Minus The 4 Weddings And Plus An Almost Date)

I don’t have much to write about today, but I also don’t have much work to do right now so I’ll just run through a few things.

Saturday was Valentine’s Day, I watched Marathon Love and after crying for the last 30 minutes of that show I decided to pop in The Notebook to really top it off. So cheesy I know, but I hadn’t seen it since the theater and it was given to me as a gift a couple of Christmases ago (thank you Christina). I wanted to watch it again because I remember making a pact with the girl I saw it with that we would not let each other get married unless it was “The Notebook Love”. That movie came out in 2004, I was making childish marriage pacts at the age of 24. Seriously, Kori? But for whatever reason I always think of that pact when The Notebook comes up so I figured I should remind myself of what that great love was. And it was SO good. I still stand by my “Notebook Love” pact. I should also mention that I think Ryan Gosling is a hotty-bo-botty and that very well may be what I’m so intrigued by.

This week is a sad one because my dear friend lost his father to a terrible disease on Friday. So I’ll be attending services tonight and tomorrow. I’m very sad for what he is going through and it a reminder of what stage of life I'm entereing. This is the second close friend of mine to recently lose a parent as an adult. I really don’t like to think about being at the point in life :(

I do have a tiny issue that I am selfishly concerned about. See, I have an almost date on Weds night and I am trying to figure out my schedule for the day. The funeral is at 10 and then I’m sure there will be lunch/reception. By mid-afternoon I’ll need to come up to the office to check in on things. Then I’m supposed to meet almost date for drinks at 6. Problem: I’m going to be wearing funeral clothes. I don’t think I should go to an almost date in funeral clothes. I have toyed with the idea of bringing a change of clothes, but that is a huge pain and I won’t want him to think I wore some cute date outfit to a funeral, but I also don’t want him to think I went through the trouble of changing just to meet up with him because it’s just a casual meet up thing. The dress I’m wearing tomorrow is cute and I have also gone through all of the “go from day to night” wardrobe tricks, but I think I am still going to look funeral-y. Any suggestions?

I’m also thinking it’s going to be a lovely kick start the evening when the convo opens with “So how was your day” and I get the respond with “Oh, um, well I went to a funeral this morning, then …” I am not going to explain much about the almost date guy because I know how these things go and I’m not going to waste anybody’s time just yet. Plus my mother and other family read this and I don’t want to get asked about one detail of one date that I went out with (possibly) once.

He wears glasses? All the time? Sometimes? Has he tried contacts? What about Lasik? I think you should wait til your 30 to get Lasik. A guy I know got Lasik but still has to wear glasses. Did he wear glasses as a kid? Do you like his glasses? Didn’t David wear glasses? You must really like boys that wear glasses. You know my co-worker son that we want to set you up with wears glasses, you’d really like him.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

So...Who's this guy, what's his name? Does he live in the United States? Do you think he has a dog...you like guys with dogs. Where did you meet him? Do you think he would be upset if you rescheduled due to the days unforeseen circumstances; maybe you should reschedule?

Anyway, where are you going to meet for drinks? What if he's dangerous; maybe you should meet in a crowded place? Does he wear glasses?

Kelsey

Kori said...

Selso, you make me LOL.

Jennifer said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jennifer said...

So where are you guys meeting up? And just bring another shirt with you in the car..I highly doubt he will care if you change after the funeral! Let us know how it goes :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Kori. It's Jamie from "Marathon Love." Thanks for watching our show. Sorry it made you cry. Good luck with the almost date.

Raye said...

OK, so...I'm trying to figure out the logic of saying on your blog - which your family reads - that you're not talking about date guy to avoid questions from said family. As you can already tell, I think that backfired. Ah, the trials and tribulations of a newbie blogger....
In any case, I promise not to ask - at least, not for a day or two.

adp said...

Your fam is great!

Um, i think you are giving the guy way too much credit for 1)noticing what you have on other than how it looks on you and 2)for adding up a darkcolored outfit with the funeral you attended earlier in the day. As long as you look like your usual cute self, you'll look great.

Raye said...

I agree with adp: we are a great fam. And unless you wore, like, a shroud and mascara tear tracks, he might think you were a somewhat conservative type, but it wouldn't go much beyond that. And if you regaled him with even half of your New Orleans adventure, he'd figure out that the conservative dress was either a paradox or a ruse.

Glamma Pat said...

So have you had a second alnost date with Mystery Guy, and does that mean we can ask question, now?

Based on personal experience, I suggest you toss "Notebook" and replace it with "As Good As It Gets." Go for 80%.

Glasses are not a consideration, but I confess I almost didn't marry your grandfather because his big toe looked funny.