Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Week In Review

Ok, so I have about a week to catch up on. First did anyone catch who commented on my last blog post? JAIME from Marathon Love!?!!? I feel famous. Actually, I feel very honored that he took the time out of his day to read my blog and even leave a note. I think he must have found me through some kind of reverse link thing. I really have no idea what I am talking about, but it sounds like something that could exist out there in the world wide web.

Ok, so Wednesday was the date, it went well. I wore a plum sheath dress with a black cardigan with a matching plum belt over the cardi with black alligator skin pumps. We met for drinks at 6 and we were going to figure out dinner from there. We ended up getting some appetizers and hanging out at the bar for a while. By 8:30 we had been there for a while but it was still kind of early so he suggested we get a change of scenery. I was down with that. We were getting along fine and there was never a lull in convo. He lives right by a strip of bars and lounges and suggested we park at his house and walk to one from there. This is not my first rodeo and I knew that was really a pretty convenient way to end up at his house. I was down with that, he was harmless. So we got to his house, it was nice, we had drinks outside, then inside. After a while I pulled the good old, well it's getting late line and that was that.

I know I didn't give any details up front, but things were basically exactly what I expected. The things that I thought would be good were good and the things I was a little wary about, were worth being wary about. We got along fine and had plenty to chat about, but he is very Prada, Mercedes, Pellegrino and I'm just more Gap, Nissan and Canada Dry, you know what I'm sayin? Oh, and as young children he was rockin the Torah while I was being dedicated the Good News Bible at confirmation. Not a deal breaker, just something to be noted. As for any kissy-kissy details, well, a lady never tells!

We've emailed a few times since then. He is on a major case at work right now (mmhumm). I'm sure we'll hang out again, but I think it will be on more a friendly level.

Thursday I had dinner at Collina's with some girlfriends from high school. We try to get together once a month and it's always a good time. When we started doing this a few years ago we had one married girl, one engaged girl, one girl in a serious relationship and me. We have since gone through all the stages that led to one girl married with a baby, one girl married and pregnant, one girl married and me.


Our waiter was totally strung out on something and put our order in twice. After about 2 hours we ended up with 4 huge pizzas, several baskets of breadsticks and only a $15 tab because they comped most of it. This was very exciting to the preggo girl. Between the feast, wine and few laughs that resulted in tears, it was a fun dinner.

Friday night I was going to go home and rest, but I was offered a spare ticket to the House of Blues (thank you again Amber & Nathan!). They are members of the Foundation Room so we got to hang out in the private club upstairs. It was very nice, fun people watching and clouded with incense. There was supposed to be a New Orleans funk band there in honor of Mardi Gras, but they cancelled so it was just some random reggae band. It was nice being able to come and go from the main music area.


I felt a little bad because Nathan brought a friend and I don't know if I was supposed to be chatting it up with him, but Amber and I had some juicy stuff to get caught up on and I barely learned his name. (I would appreciate it not being pointed out that "this is why you're single")

Saturday night I had a lingerie shower/bachelorette party to attend. It was fun. We had a limo and hopped around to a few loungey bars that we had a hook up with, we got free bottle service and champagne toasts, so that was nice. Lingerie showers are interesting, earlier that week Kelsey called me while I was shopping and asked what I was doing. I had to explain the whole lingerie shower and our convo ended with him wishing me good luck on shopping for other people's underwear.

I'll share how I was a little scarred by the first lingerie shower I was ever invited to. It was a courtesy invite to the shower of the fiance of a friend of the guy I was dating at the time. I knew her and her fiance on a social level, but not very well. I got the invite in the mail and I logged on to her Victoria's Secret wish list and the first outfit that popped up was this skank-tastic, raunchy elastic, lace, and satin thing. The lingerie thing was a whole new world to me and I didn't really know that people actually wore the stuff, much less stuff that looked like that. I ended up skipping that shower and not sending a gift. I haven't seen them in years and really think I saved $40 out of the whole thing. From what I hear she is pregnant, so clearly they were able to work things out in the bedroom without the stripper suit.


I have since warmed up to the showers and I think have picked out a few nice things over the years. In October I threw one for a friend and not to leave her husband out, I found this,
Soooo, needless to say I was exhausted by Friday morning and was really just going though the rest of the weekend on auto-pilot. I actually kept thinking I had been out 5 nights in a row, then I learned to count and realized it was only 4. Still way too many for this old lady!


This week I am going straight home and working out Mon- Thurs, no happy hours. This coming weekend I actually have zero obligatory commitments, no bday parties, baby/bridal/lingerie showers, bachelorette parties. NOTHING and I couldn't be looking forward to it more!




1 comment:

Amber said...

No.... that is not 'why you are single'...it is why you are one of my favorite people :) - thanks for going with us! XOXOXO Amber